How to select the right fabric for your home..
When shopping for your home fabrics, you’ll find an endless array of patterns, textures, colours and materials to choose from that you might forget what you actually need.
Quedos, a company providing high quality of interior furnishing products, shares some tips on what you should bear in mind when looking for fabrics for your home.
1. BUDGET : Consider how much you have in mind to spend on window dressing. Many
a time, budgeting for window dressing is secondary. But, don’t forget that this aspect is the first thing many people look at in a home.
2. RENTAL OR OWN HOUSE : This factor plays an important part as well.
3. GO FOR THE LOOK YOU WANT TO ACHIEVE : Whether it minimalism, contemporary or country style you want to achieve, you need to select the right fabrics, such as silk, cotton or blended fabrics, prints, or jacquards.
4. THE LOOK : Ask yourself if you want to use tracks or rods, and have pleated or ring curtains.
5. LIGHTING : Do yo need total darkness in the room?
6. ORIENTATION : The direction the room faces is important.
7. REMEMBER THAT CURTAINS ADDS A SOFTER DIMENSION TO YOUR HOME.